Released Sunday, April 19th, 2015
On Episode 81 of ThisAgileLife, your agile coaches at ThisAgileLife completed yet another experiment to improve the Podcast. We invited Ryan Ripley (@ryanripley) a regular listener to join us to share some insights from his presentation at the 2015 Agile Indy conference entitled “The Scrum Master IS The Impediment”
Ryan talked through his observations and experiences with several common anti-patterns that reduce the effectiveness of the ScrumMaster role – these included:
- The ScrumMaster serving as a Dictator
- The team being aided by a SuperHero ScrumMaster
- The ScrumMaster who becomes too prescriptive in how to help a team
- And lastly, the ScrumMaster who serves as the team’s technical expert
Join as Lee, Matt and Jason engage in a lively conversation with Ryan on these ScrumMaster anti-patterns, including why they occur, how they are harmful to the team, and how to avoid them – you’ll even get to enjoy a few agile confessions as some of our ThisAgileLife coaches admit to falling victim to these anti-patterns themselves.
Thanks again to Ryan for sharing his insights and participating in ThisAgileLife Episode 80.
- How to build a safe with LEGOs real Lego bricks!
- Thank you to everyone who came out to the first ever St. Louis Agile Open Space – your investment in time and sharing your ideas made the event successful – we’ll be back
- BLOG – “Simple Team Metrics to Assess Improvements” – a blog post I wrote on simple metrics to help teams assess the impact of improvements they make – inspired by recent collaboration with Rally – let me know what you think
- LIVE EVENT – For those in the middle of Missouri (Columbia, MO) – don’t miss your chance to experience the “Last Responsible Moment LEGO Game” – Tuesday, April 28, 2015 hosted by the Mid-MO Agile Coffee Club – Free event – info & register online